Farm fresh find

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

We picked up a new/used Jet mini lathe today. The ways were pretty rusty, but it started right up and ran smoothly and appears to be fairly true to our eyes. We had to put some elbow grease in, but got it cleaned up. We think this will help with our production flow, sometimes we get bogged down if we have a lot of gluing/finishing work. Now someone can still be drilling/turning on the bigger Jet.

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpeg
    IMG_0305.jpeg
    571 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0307.jpeg
    IMG_0307.jpeg
    559.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Cool. My magic regimen for my Jet lathe is Nevr-Dull by Eagle One - it is an all metal wadding polish. After cleaning I finish up with Trewax Clear Paste Wax with cotton rags. Nice looking lathe. - Congratulations - Dave

That is a cool lathe, if you do any kind of production turning you will need more than one lathe. Before I semi retired I had 4 large lathes.
Great find by the way. Aloha.

Kalai
We've learned that we definitely need an extra lathe to keep work flowing well. A little elbow grease and we saved quite a bit of money. Aloha.

Cool. My magic regimen for my Jet lathe is Nevr-Dull by Eagle One - it is an all metal wadding polish. After cleaning I finish up with Trewax Clear Paste Wax with cotton rags. Nice looking lathe. - Congratulations - Dave
We do kind of the same process to keep our ways nice. Thank you, we were happy to find it, we'd been just tossing around the idea of an extra lathe when we ran across it.

Back
Top Bottom