Engraved brass pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

I am throwing this in here because I did NOT make this pen. This is a solid brass fountain pen made by Franklin Cristoph, that I bought at the Baltimore pen show this year, with the intent of hand engraving. It is very thick walled, and therefore conducive to some deeper engraving techniques. Not too much to say about it: I wanted to mess with a few different techniques, and try a dot background instead of the usual stippled background. I probably have about 30-40 hours of work into it. It was fun and a good learning experience. I have included a "before" picture as well.
IMG_9104.jpeg
IMG_0036.jpeg
IMG_0037.jpeg
IMG_0038.jpeg
IMG_0040.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Looks like it will become an heirloom! Beautiful workmanship.

Are you happy with it?
I am happy with it. Like with most everything we make, there are things that I would probably change up if I had to do it over, but over all i am pleased with the result. I spent a lot of time re-doing the background so it had beads instead of being stippled, so that was definitely worth the extra time.

Like a painter or sculptor, you turned a promising 'blank' into a work of art. I love seeing your artistry.

I am throwing this in here because I did NOT make this pen. This is a solid brass fountain pen made by Franklin Cristoph, that I bought at the Baltimore pen show this year, with the intent of hand engraving. It is very thick walled, and therefore conducive to some deeper engraving techniques. Not too much to say about it: I wanted to mess with a few different techniques, and try a dot background instead of the usual stippled background. I probably have about 30-40 hours of work into it. It was fun and a good learning experience. I have included a "before" picture as well.View attachment 377195View attachment 377196View attachment 377197View attachment 377198View attachment 377199
Tooooooo good

Back
Top Bottom