Double Celtic Knot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

I believe is my first double Celtic knot. For whatever reason, this one was very hard to photograph. This one is flawless and the precision is spot on. It's a Liberty click from Mckenzie Penworks. Wood is Cumuru with vulcanized fiber paper as the infill.

Attachments

• IMG_4975.jpeg
    IMG_4975.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4978.jpeg
    IMG_4978.jpeg
    330.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4977.jpeg
    IMG_4977.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4976.jpeg
    IMG_4976.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4974.jpeg
    IMG_4974.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 41
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Will you be offering these blanks on your site as well?? Nice work all around. One of these days I need to give these a try. Also have to try your inlay material. Gives alot of options in color choices. Plus thin enough for accent lines on other projects other than pens such as boxes. Nice job.

Will you be offering these blanks on your site as well?? Nice work all around. One of these days I need to give these a try. Also have to try your inlay material. Gives alot of options in color choices. Plus thin enough for accent lines on other projects other than pens such as boxes. Nice job.
I'm thinking about adding some of these but I worry that they might be too fragile for some turners. This one though, turned very easily.

I believe there is a multiknot tutorial in the library if I remember correctly. Name slips my mind for writer. But you see many of those and believe he entered a contest with one.

I believe there is a multiknot tutorial in the library if I remember correctly. Name slips my mind for writer. But you see many of those and believe he entered a contest with one.
Yes there is. I'll see if I can find it. DO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY. THIS BLANK IS EXCEPTIONAL! But, I would consult the tutorial on the cut order so the "X" weaves itself under the circle by altering the cut order. My Avatar was done before that tutorial helped me figure that out, hense the one lower left branch should be UNDER that oval. :) VERY NICE WORK!!

Last edited:
Yes there is. I'll see if I can find it. DO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY. THIS BLANK IS EXCEPTIONAL! But, I would consult the tutorial on the cut order so the "X" weaves itself under the circle by altering the cut order. My Avatar was done before that tutorial helped me figure that out, hense the one lower left branch should be UNDER that oval. :) VERY NICE WORK!!
Yes I fully understand how the cut order affects the knot. I prefer them the way I made this one. Either way is ok, this though is my preference.

Back
Top Bottom