Wanted Custom Martin Cigar Illustration pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Flush1974

Good day All,

I'm currently overseas and don't have access to my woodshop to make a pen for a buddy rotating back to the states. I looked at Martin's web page but they are not taking orders and looks like he's shut down. I've made a few like his but wondered if someone could make one or two for me. Attached are a couple examples of ones I've made.
image1.jpeg

Attachments

• DSC_1138.jpeg
    DSC_1138.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_1135.jpeg
    DSC_1135.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 30
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 30

MartinPens

Steve,
Yes, I have put my online store on hold for a while. I went and got a full time job and I've been working overtime. Life.
I do have a couple in stock and if you want to email me at martin@martinpens.com we can go from there. The place I used to get my supplies from changed. I had worked out with the owner to get just the parts I need in bulk, but he seems to have left the business. I was never able to find the source of those parts in Taiwan so will have to redesign my Cigar Illusion when I've used up all the parts I have. I have a lot of parts left, but I don't have the time to pursue it. I wasn't making enough sustained money and got a bit tired of making the same thing day after day. I got published in Cigar Afficionado magazine and was so busy I was seeing Cigar Illusion pens in my sleep. I know many can relate.

I prefer parts that have a more gradual transition from the pen body to the nib area. Putting a skinny pen part in cylindrical wooden body reminds me a bit of a corndog - and most of my time was finding a part that minimized that transition and gave the pen a more asthetic shape and transition. My Cigar Illusion pens are not awkward to hold or uncomforable in my opinion. I have mantained my trademark name "Cigar Illusion" for when I have time to pick it back up.

Good to see the IAP going strong still. Blessings to all

Top Bottom