Computer gurus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

I had to buy a new laptop as my old one that was many years old gave up the ghost. The new one is nice, but the color calibration is weird. Very warm. For instance a lavender pen looks pink, it shows to be in high def, but when you turn it off, it doesn't change. How can I adjust the calibration?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
You don't give any specifics on what type of laptop or the operating system you are using but if its a new Windows based laptop running Windows 11 (or 10), it has a built in color calibration app you can use to adjust it. Here is a link to the Windows instructions....good luck!
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/learning-center/how-to-color-calibrate-your-monitor
It is Windows based, my husband picked it up. I'm sure it's whatever the latest version is. Thank you, I'll look into this.

Yes, we went into color filters under settings, ease of access and made adjustments.
Glad you got it! I might suggest that now that you have done that, take a photograph of an object that has one or two colors that you can use for a comparison. Then open the photo on your computer and do a compare. See if the reproduction in the photo is close to the colors of the original. In essence you are color balancing your computer display. Why to do this? You want your computer to look good but also be close to realistic for color balance so you can see true color in items you may see on line without having the ability to do a real to picture comparison. It will help with anything you view and maybe purchase on line - having it look like you expected from a website. Good luck!!

Glad you got it! I might suggest that now that you have done that, take a photograph of an object that has one or two colors that you can use for a comparison. Then open the photo on your computer and do a compare. See if the reproduction in the photo is close to the colors of the original. In essence you are color balancing your computer display. Why to do this? You want your computer to look good but also be close to realistic for color balance so you can see true color in items you may see on line without having the ability to do a real to picture comparison. It will help with anything you view and maybe purchase on line - having it look like you expected from a website. Good luck!!
Will do. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom