Claro Walnut Bowl #17

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PreacherJon

I had a big chuck of walnut and decided to make two bowls out of the same turning. The last picture is of a new magnet lamp I bought ... I can position it so I can see the inside of the bowl much better now. Especially the walnut bowls.

8 1/4" x 2 1/2"
Friction Polish

Attachments

• Walnut 17a.jpg
    Walnut 17a.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Walnut 17b.jpg
    Walnut 17b.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Walnut 17c.jpg
    Walnut 17c.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Walnut 17d.jpg
    Walnut 17d.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Walnut 17e.jpg
    Walnut 17e.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Walnut 17f.jpg
    Walnut 17f.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 93
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Love it!.

John, which Jet lathe do you have?

I'm thinking about upgrading from my PSI 10" and just considering footprint and capabilities.

Love it!.

John, which Jet lathe do you have?

I'm thinking about upgrading from my PSI 10" and just considering footprint and capabilities.
This is a 12" Rikon Lathe that is about 15 years old. And I have thrown some serious large chunks of wood on it over the years. I think I've gone through 5 belts over those years. I'd like to upgrade to a 20" - 22"... but just can't afford it. And I have the space for it now.

This is a 12" Rikon Lathe that is about 15 years old. And I have thrown some serious large chunks of wood on it over the years. I think I've gone through 5 belts over those years. I'd like to upgrade to a 20" - 22"... but just can't afford it. And I have the space for it now.
Thanks for that.

I keep eyeballing the bigger, more expensive machines but a) I don't really have room for a big one, and b) I don't know that I'd actually use all that capacity. Then there is the cost.

There's a new/used Nova 1624 II for sale an hour or so away for $975. Seems like a reasonable price for a 2 yr old lathe with very little use. Though they have discontinued the model.

Thanks for that.

I keep eyeballing the bigger, more expensive machines but a) I don't really have room for a big one, and b) I don't know that I'd actually use all that capacity. Then there is the cost.

There's a new/used Nova 1624 II for sale an hour or so away for $975. Seems like a reasonable price for a 2 yr old lathe with very little use. Though they have discontinued the model.
I want a larger lathe because the biggest I comfortably go is about 9" on this machine. Lots of people want a Salad bowl which would be 14" - 16".

Back
Top Bottom