Byrnes Saw On Ebay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Twenty eight days to go and the price right now is $1300, plus 75 shipping. Glad I got mine when I did.

Attachments

• IMG_4750.jpeg
    IMG_4750.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 90
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Wow. I sure hope Donna and family are able to restore the business following the loss of Jim last year. I would love to have one of his saws (and a thickness sander). I suppose if I ever save up enough dough to make the leap I will have to consider Proxxon.

It sure seems like we have lost some top notch people in the past year or so.

Dave

Wow. I sure hope Donna and family are able to restore the business following the loss of Jim last year. I would love to have one of his saws (and a thickness sander). I suppose if I ever save up enough dough to make the leap I will have to consider Proxxon.

Dave
I check their website from time to time, nothing has changed on it for a very long time.

You see ridiculous prices on there many times. I buy lot of broken watches or themed watches and have for many years so I have zeroed in on prices pretty well and some people just think they have gold. Sometimes I try to let them know they are well out of the range but then they get nasty. So I look back and a year latter it still there. This is one of those case. Maybe they placed a digit in the wrong place. You can buy 3 for that price.

You see ridiculous prices on there many times. I buy lot of broken watches or themed watches and have for many years so I have zeroed in on prices pretty well and some people just think they have gold. Sometimes I try to let them know they are well out of the range but then they get nasty. So I look back and a year latter it still there. This is one of those case. Maybe they placed a digit in the wrong place. You can buy 3 for that price.
I put it on my watch list just to see what it does.

Twenty eight days to go and the price right now is $1300, plus 75 shipping. Glad I got mine when I did.

Pretty high markup but not fully insane. Last year I got mine for $1138 pre-shipping - but that was on the buy-once-cry-once plan with me getting everything down to extra belt and screws.

Big differences between what I see in the pic are a 12" table instead of 18" ($200 I think), and I don't see the tilting table ($125), and some of the smaller options. So, ballpark, he's asking about double what he paid?

Just checked and it sold for the asking price. 1300.00 plus 75 shipping.
That is unreal. So when I pass on I have to let my brother know and when he sells it here it will be over a thousand dollars. The drum sander will be around that price too so start saving up. I am sure there will be a bidding war here. :)

That is unreal. So when I pass on I have to let my brother know and when he sells it here it will be over a thousand dollars. The drum sander will be around that price too so start saving up. I am sure there will be a bidding war here. :)
There's still a chance they will re-open the business. That would tank the used tool prices.

There's still a chance they will re-open the business. That would tank the used tool prices.
No way. They will be collectables. You know remakes never command as much money. :) If they do reopen business, the one thingI would love to see them make is a tilting tablesaw and do away with the addons. I talked to the owner years ago and explained what it would do for the industry. He said basically he does not get alot of calls for that and it would take alot of remachining. I do not believe so but who am I.

I just looked at the ad again and no way is that saw worth that price. First there is very little accessories. Second it is a used machine. I would not pay him over $600 for it.

Looks like it was relisted by same seller at the same price.
Probably the buyer came to his senses or the wife found out.:) That price is just too rediculous. It is the smaller table top to begin with and as I said there is not enough extras to warrent that price. I hope people interested in that type saw on this site pay attention and ask questions before you buy that at that kind of money. You can get a full 10" portable jobsite saw for far less money and do everything this saw does. It does not even cut 1" material. Be aware of that. He did use an industrial motor on it and thus the power is great.

Last edited:

Dave
I would suggest that you call them. I just bought an extended top for my table saw and a thickness sander.

Back
Top Bottom