Bullseye Turning Supply Apollo vs Artemis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hertzogcraig

I was on Bullseye this morning looking at their kits and I didn't see the specs on these kits anywhere to see what the difference was in the 2. I could've just missed it somewhere, it is early LOL. Not seeing anything, I just went ahead and order both to try out. Just curious though for those that have used them, what is the difference in the 2 and do you prefer one over the other?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Attached you find both Apollo and Artemis kits. I have use several of both and they do make a fine closed end pen in R B or ink.
Apollo has a smaller diameter nib and brass tube than that of the Artemis which is larger in diameter at nib and tube. Note now the both use a Acme thread for the cap which is a great in proved design as the early caps were fine threads and would customers would strip out the threads in the cap.
IMG_1041.jpeg

I ordered an RB and fountain in each kit today to try out, 4 in total, 2 brass and 2 stainless so I can see all they offer. From all the great things I've heard, can't wait to try them out.

The Artemis ends up about the size of a junior where the Apollo is a bit slimmer. They also have different section designs and of course, the nibs being #6 vs #5. I have this photo in both product listings but if someone has a better idea for a way to convey the difference I'm all ears. In reality, the only thing they have in common is their materials and that they're both closed end.

Attachments

• IMG_8120.jpeg
    IMG_8120.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 24
IMG_1118.jpeg
I got the kits this weekend and turned the first one yesterday. Yes, I know I've got some issues to work out, first time using these kits and this material so this pen will likely just stay with me. But I do love the kits. Will be looking at getting some more

Attachments

• IMG_1119.jpeg
    IMG_1119.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 29
View attachment 376109I got the kits this weekend and turned the first one yesterday. Yes, I know I've got some issues to work out, first time using these kits and this material so this pen will likely just stay with me. But I do love the kits. Will be looking at getting some more
That looks great! Great job on the cap recess - that's the thing everyone messes up on the first one

The best part about the kit is that if you decide later that you want to change the profile, you just have to unscrew the section and pop it back on the lathe.

That looks great! Great job on the cap recess - that's the thing everyone messes up on the first one

The best part about the kit is that if you decide later that you want to change the profile, you just have to unscrew the section and pop it back on the lathe.
Thank you. These kits make it easy to make a great looking pen

Back
Top Bottom