Bread Knives!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

I sold two Zebrawood and one African mahogany at last weekend's show so more had to be made. Every Zebrawood I make sells first. Be sure to buy Oliver blades directly from Oliver. If you eat sliced bread - they make the blades that sliced it! Superb sharp and pretty.

PS - be extra careful routing these !!!

Attachments

• IMG_4926.jpeg
    IMG_4926.jpeg
    508.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4927.jpeg
    IMG_4927.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 90
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I would have to make a corresponding template/jig for that to sit against to route it. Perhaps even sit in and under an edge for a pattern bit in the router. I'd be too scared to be that close to the bit. (know two people without fingers from routers)

either way, very gorgeous work

I would have to make a corresponding template/jig for that to sit against to route it. Perhaps even sit in and under an edge for a pattern bit in the router. I'd be too scared to be that close to the bit. (know two people without fingers from routers)

either way, very gorgeous work
I trace the template with a pencil. I then use a 10" bandsaw with a narrow blade to cut along the line. After that I use an inexpensive spindle sander from HF to smooth the edges. I use a router to round over the edges. That is the most dangerous part as I am free routing on my router table. Just THINK during the entire process and you'll be ok. I then machine sand with a 1/4 sheet sander and I'm ready to finish. I hate pattern routing!

I trace the template with a pencil. I then use a 10" bandsaw with a narrow blade to cut along the line. After that I use an inexpensive spindle sander from HF to smooth the edges. I use a router to round over the edges. That is the most dangerous part as I am free routing on my router table. Just THINK during the entire process and you'll be ok. I then machine sand with a 1/4 sheet sander and I'm ready to finish. I hate pattern routing!
I've done some free routing for edges of various projects but never anything that thin. I do focus only on that when doing it

Back
Top Bottom