Blank tube too large

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have a good customer that wants a mother of pearl razor. The preglued tube in the blank is too large. If I take the small tube and use some scrap acrylic, glue it to the small tube, turn it to the size of the large tube, epoxy it into the large tube. Any thoughts on my crazy idea?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
It's the bushing thickness you have to worry about. Will you cut into the shell pieces? I've made squire pens this way using lower jr tubes but there's a lot of thickness left on the tube in a squire, so it depends on the pen you're making.

Turn any Sierra blank into a razor. Watch parts and circuitboards make awesome razor handles!

You really just need about .25" on the top and bottom of the blank. Take a blank, acrylic would be best for a razor, cut it a bit longer than .5"long, drill a hole the size of the tube - the actual interior size of the 7mm tube - mount it between centers and turn it to the interior size of the large tube. Cut the blank in half and glue it onto the razor ends, then glue the large tube onto the end pieces.

Back
Top Bottom