Birthday Gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

I bought my wife a Flower Letters gift for her birthday. If you have t heard of it, it's basically a book/story told via letters, that you receive in the mail. You get a letter every two weeks for a full year. She absolutely loves it. She asked if I'd also make her a box to keep them in. Here's the result. I used ambrosia maple and added dyed and stabilized maple burl splines. It has a paisley fabric covering on the inside top and bottom. The box is sleeved with 1/8 cherry.

Attachments

• IMG_4948.jpeg
    IMG_4948.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4949.jpeg
    IMG_4949.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4950.jpeg
    IMG_4950.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4951.jpeg
    IMG_4951.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 37
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I bought my wife a Flower Letters gift for her birthday. If you have t heard of it, it's basically a book/story told via letters, that you receive in the mail. You get a letter every two weeks for a full year. She absolutely loves it. She asked if I'd also make her a box to keep them in. Here's the result. I used ambrosia maple and added dyed and stabilized maple burl splines. It has a paisley fabric covering on the inside top and bottom. The box is sleeved with 1/8 cherry.
Such thoughtful gifts. Beautiful box.

Great gift! A lot of small details that, when taken as a whole, makes a wonderful gift.

I like the barrel hinges, the stained splines, the paisley liner and the cherry sleeve. Actually, I like everything about this!

Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom