Best Program for Making Labels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I am giving a talk at the MOVPTG in a month on making labels for casting.
I currently use powerpoint which works very well for me.
what do others use and why. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I use Photoshop. There is a free open source photoshop work alike called GIMP. PowerPoint is part of MS Office. There is a free open source MS Office work alike called Open Office which has all the tools as MS office.

I use a very old copy of Jasc PaintShop Pro 9.0 - the last release before Jasc was purchased by Corel in 2005. Unfortunately, the Python programming interface finally died for me - likely due to one of the Windows updates, after all, PaintShop Pro 9.0 was designed to run under Windows 98/ME. For the most part it still works for me though. I have often thought about buying the latest Corel PaintShop Pro 2023, but so far have resisted the urge. I will probably have to do something when I am forced to get a new computer.

I also tweak some of the labels with Photoshop Elements 15.0 that I got back in 2016. Same story as PaintShop Pro, I will probably upgrade to Photoshop Elements 2024 when I am forced to, but only if it remains a one-time-purchase and not a subscription like Adobe has gone to with a lot of its applications.

And Finally, I have used both Microsoft Word 2013 and Microsoft Publisher 2013 as the final landing spot for the finished artwork for printing. I really like Microsoft Publisher, but Microsoft appears to be heading down the path to discontinue it. It officially goes end of life in 2026. I like the older products before they all became subscription and cloud based. Although there has been some online chatter about Microsoft releasing an Office 2024 as a one-time purchase, but so far I have only seen Office 2021 available.

I know it's progress, but I sure hate to be forced into software "upgrades" that cost me money when the old products worked just fine and did everything I needed them to do. Since old software will not run (or will not run well) on new hardware, when my computer dies, I have to not only buy a new computer, but all new software too.

(Sorry for the Rant)
Dave

I use a very old copy of Jasc PaintShop Pro 9.0 - the last release before Jasc was purchased by Corel in 2005. Unfortunately, the Python programming interface finally died for me - likely due to one of the Windows updates, after all, PaintShop Pro 9.0 was designed to run under Windows 98/ME. For the most part it still works for me though. I have often thought about buying the latest Corel PaintShop Pro 2023, but so far have resisted the urge. I will probably have to do something when I am forced to get a new computer.

I also tweak some of the labels with Photoshop Elements 15.0 that I got back in 2016. Same story as PaintShop Pro, I will probably upgrade to Photoshop Elements 2024 when I am forced to, but only if it remains a one-time-purchase and not a subscription like Adobe has gone to with a lot of its applications.

And Finally, I have used both Microsoft Word 2013 and Microsoft Publisher 2013 as the final landing spot for the finished artwork for printing. I really like Microsoft Publisher, but Microsoft appears to be heading down the path to discontinue it. It officially goes end of life in 2026. I like the older products before they all became subscription and cloud based. Although there has been some online chatter about Microsoft releasing an Office 2024 as a one-time purchase, but so far I have only seen Office 2021 available.

I know it's progress, but I sure hate to be forced into software "upgrades" that cost me money when the old products worked just fine and did everything I needed them to do. Since old software will not run (or will not run well) on new hardware, when my computer dies, I have to not only buy a new computer, but all new software too.

(Sorry for the Rant)
Dave
No rant, just unfortunate fact.

I use Open Office Impress, the free version of power point. It's free and I get good results.. See you at the MOVPG!

Back
Top Bottom