Base for Rikon 14 inch Delux 10-325

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PostalBob

Decided to make the move up to a new band saw. Price was right at Woodcraft this week, $699, Bought it and brough it home. Question is, I have a base I used for my old Delta BS. I was told by Woodcraft the base I had will work. And well it really did not. Saw a posting via Woodcraft selling theire unit. ie, (4 wheel unit) Was wonderning if any one had bought this BS and what type of base did they use?Also got a e-mail from Rikon suggesting the same unit, but noticed it had to be used with plywood installed.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I would think that a base that would fit a Delta could be adapted to the Rikon.
I have a Powermatic and use the Shop Fox heavy duty from Woodcraft with a piece of 3/4 ply for the BS to sit on.

Attachments

• 140240_230.jpg
    140240_230.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 162
Is this the base that Rikon suggested? If not, which one did they suggest? I got to get something set up for mine. They suggested to put some plywood in the bottom area to support the BS?

TIA,

Barney
140763.jpg

I have the Rikon 14' bandsaw and I use the Universal Mobile stand. It is great and uses a 3/4 piece of plywood which fits inside the stand and the saw sets on top of it. Here is a link to it www.woodcraft.com/Product/2005114/8164/Universal-Mobile-Base-Hardware.aspx and it is now on sale for $49.00, which is $30 off the regular price. The pieces attach to the plywood and the pedal allow you to move it easily and when they are locked there is no movement. I have used it for over two years and I move my saw all over my garage.

Last edited:
Rikon Band Saw Base

Thanks for the replies. Found that the unit I had can in fact be adjusted to fit the new saw. I asdded 2X4's and secured it to the base. Sound and sturdy.
Thanks for your time and your help.
Take care Bob

Back
Top Bottom