Barron coupler help?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrPepper8412

After making well aver 200 Barron's in my lifetime, I've run into my first truly parts related issue. When I try to push the black coupler into the tube with the trim ring, the couple pushes in far further than it should. I think its because the trim ring is warped slightly that it does not catch on the black coupler's threads. Has anyone else experienced this issue before? How did you correct it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Manny

When I press a baron coupler in I do one side at a time. The first one is no problem. To prevent it from pushing in past the point I want it to I screw the cap on to it before I press in the second one. The cap sits on the trim ring and won't allow the coupler to go any further in.
Works for me

Manny

Last edited:

DrPepper8412

Great tip! Thank you very much!

Slight problem still...The coupler ring is already warped...any idea on how to remedy the issue? Or would it be better (though maybe not necessarily easier) to find a replacement ring and just use a the part?

Woodlvr

Dave I may have an extra part if you need it. I believe that I have one or two incomplete Baron kits to pull from, and I do not live far away if you need it quickly.

Top Bottom