August 2024 PITH Reveal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwzrd

We are now a week down and I hope all of your builds are going great. I'm guessing that some of you are getting ready to ship by now so when get your pen please take pictures and reply to this thread only, with pictures of what you received. Make sure to bookmark and watch this thread so you can find it easier to post your pictures.

If for any reason at all the deadline sneaks up on you and you are not going to make the ship date please make sure you communicate that with your recipient and let me know as well.

Reminder that the ship deadline is 9/2/24

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone makes.

@fnfalguy
@Brandy
@hippi
@egnald
@cl1237
@naynay
@woodwzrd
@keithlong
@bugradx2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I received my PITH gift from Ralph, (hippi) yesterday. It is a handsome gold Vertex Fountain Pen in Koa with a lacquer finish. I also found a generous gift of some blanks that Ralph cast and a piece of Spalted Oak in the package. Thank You hippi and best of luck on your fundraising ride for Children's Cancer next month. - Dave

PS A special Thank You to Scott (woodwzrd) for organizing and running this PITH too! - Dave

IMG_4638 Cropped.jpg

IMG_4637 Cropped.jpg

Received my PITH exchange from Dave (egnald) All I can saw is WOW! Dave sent me not one, but two beautiful pens. Dave, please forgive me because my poor photography skills don't do your pens justice.
First up is a magnetic rollerball with a grapevine hybrid with a G2 red gel ink. Next is a diamond knurl rollerball dressed in cocobolo with a custom cabochon.

Not only did Dave send me two pens and an excellent selection of blanks, he sent me several cigar kits, bushings and a drill bit.

Thanks Dave!

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpeg
    IMG_0125.jpeg
    451.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0126.jpeg
    IMG_0126.jpeg
    504.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0110.jpeg
    IMG_0110.jpeg
    520.1 KB · Views: 49
Ok! My "turn"!

Keith Long (user keithlong) sent me this cool Eco Zen with an amboyna body and also included a bloodwood secret compartment keychain. He also sent me some Bethlehem olivewood blanks along with their COA's. I forgot to grab a photo of the blanks before I tucked them away before my family set them aside for themselves!

PITH amboyna pen.jpg

Looks like it's my turn. I received this pen a couple of days ago. Clay(cl1237) made me a Magnetic Vertex Rollerball in leopardwood. One thing about these exchanges is that I receive pens and pen blank from woods I have never heard of. I am a CA finish person but I like the natural feel and look of this wood. Clay was not shy in the extra blanks department. I received several pieces of beautiful blanks. I never expect more the minimum when it comes to blanks, but everyone is always generous. I see some pieces of wood in his offerings that I will need to choose wisely in regard to whether or not they are gifts or personal pens for myself. Thank you for your generosity Clay.

Attachments

• IMG_9939.jpg
    IMG_9939.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9940.jpg
    IMG_9940.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 32
Some greats looking pens and blank collections coming in. When I set the ship date at 9/2 it never dawned on me that 9/2 was a holiday and there would be no mail. With that all pens should be shipped today. If you are not able to make today's deadline please make sure you contact your recipient and myself. I look forward to seeing the remaining pens soon.

When I arrived home today, I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me. It was a package from @bugradx2 . Inside of said package was a beautifully turned pen, using my favorite pen kit along with a mix of acrylic and wood blanks for me to play with. He did a fantastic job and I look forward to adding the pen to my briefcase and using it on a regular basis. I think a few folks may notice it. Maybe. 😁

20240905_154627.jpg
20240905_154642.jpg

It would appear as though the holiday last week threw the postal service into a state of confusion as to how to deliver packages in a timely manner lol. It looks like there are a few of us still waiting on our pens to get delivered. If you have shipped a pen that is still in limbo please shoot me a message to let me know so I can make a note in my tracking sheet. If you have not shipped you are now a week late and I would also like to know your situation.

At least you received it finally! Tracking doesn't show delivery but glad you received the pen/blanks.
Nope still not delivered. The usps tracking updates are pretty vague but I haven't lost hope yet lol. I'm sure it will get here soon.

Nope still not delivered. The usps tracking updates are pretty vague but I haven't lost hope yet lol. I'm sure it will get here soon.
I'm starting to not have faith :( I'm going to see if I can contact USPS and speak to a live person

Keith is not able to upload a picture so he asked me to post what I sent him. I didn't take any pictures with the blanks but here is the pen. My favorite color is blue and Fordite is just one of my many favorite materials to work with so I turned a combination of the two. The component set is a Modesto rollerball for Exotic Blanks

PXL_20240831_151547900.jpg
PXL_20240831_151629287.jpg
PXL_20240831_151700100.jpg

Back
Top Bottom