Arkansas and there abouts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I just read that there where a load of tornadoes and other horrible weather events in the Arkansas area... I hope Frank and our other members are all OK

Also read that there are brush fires in the Fort Worth area.. Johnny has the judging for the charity pen contest today... keep him in mind also... Travis is up there helping him out also..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Johnny lives a goodly number of miles(60±) south of Fort Worth and the fires are actually about 30 miles West of Fort Worth. Same general area; but not close enough to be a concern; but thanks for the concern.

Just saw the news and apparently Tom has better sources than I do. There are some fires not too far from FW just south in Johnson County; but still a long way from Johnny unless he gets lost. [:D]

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />still a long way from Johnny <b>unless he gets lost</b>.

Ask him what route he took home last night.. [:p][:p]
They almost ended up going to New Mexico... [:p][:p]

Hey, I cant help it if we got to talking. We were both so excited after the contest we couldnt shut up. We just got caught up in the talk. Who cares if we went 45 minutes the other direction!

Thanks, Griz. We are OK, the closest tornado that hit was in the neighboring county to the east. It was freakish, this time of the year. We had warming that clashed with upper cold and that set off the storms and twisters. My house is (relatively) safe from being hit by a tornado. We are sorta down in a holler near a large creek, tornados seem to hit high spots and open areas but nothing is guaranteed with one of those. One of the reasons we picked this house four years ago is that it is a hillside ranch with a walk-out lower level. The downstairs bedroom is underground surrounded by Ozark rock on three sides, no windows. Built-in storm shelter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom