Any chef or cooking inspired pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paulbt1975

Hello, I work in a cafeteria at a local hospital and the head of the department would like for me to make him a pen. He stated that he likes a pen with weight. I know that Pennstate has all kinds of 'special pens' but I don't recall any that are geared towards a chef. Was wondering if anyone knows of a particular kit. Just looking for ideas. I would think one would have been made. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Check their website or another as Exotic Blanks. Might be a kit or just a clip relating to food service.
Weight? Slimline with a lead blank? :oops:

I've seen a Chef's Knife pen clip made to fit the PSI Designer (Euro style) pen kits, but those are usually not very heavy. I've also seen laser inlay blanks that have knives and a chef's toque, but they were for the Sierra style, again, not a very heavy pen. - Dave

I don't think I have ever seen any cooking related kits. Now that I have said that one of the companies will introduce one. In the meantime I suggest finding a pen with the weight you are looking for, Cigar, Zen, full sized gent etc, and pair it with a food related blank. Cast blanks with coffee beans, noddles, laser cut inlays (I've seen one with wine bottles), a label/picture/stamp blank or perhaps someone can do a polyclay with fruits and vegetables. Being hospital food a barf blank 🤢🤮 might fit the requirement.😉🤣

I don't think I have ever seen any cooking related kits. Now that I have said that one of the companies will introduce one. In the meantime I suggest finding a pen with the weight you are looking for, Cigar, Zen, full sized gent etc, and pair it with a food related blank. Cast blanks with coffee beans, noddles, laser cut inlays (I've seen one with wine bottles), a label/picture/stamp blank or perhaps someone can do a polyclay with fruits and vegetables. Being hospital food a barf blank 🤢🤮 might fit the requirement.😉🤣
That happens in hospitals but I was in the local hospital for nine days and have no complaints about the food. Except I was on a liquid diet for four. All that was on TV was the Food Network!

YES, Paul, just received an order this past week. WWW.WOODPENPRO.COM They're located in Hawaii. They have a nice Chef's knife clip.
In the past I have made what I called a "Chef's pen", It was a TI-gold, Euro kit, with Casein barrels, a two-toned white. Clips are $5.00 each.
The Casein blanks I got from Exotics, they also carry Alternate Casein, at a better price. Hope this is of use to you. I have a couple of Platinum Euro kits I'm going to make two pens from, 1one each for son again, and one for nephew. The other clip is a gift for a fellow pen turner locally to make another proper Chef's Knife pen for his son who is also a Chef.

Thanks for the suggestions, actually I had found that knife clip after I typed the first post. Not to cause a fight but the food we serve is actually really good. The department head was looking up different pens online he started looking at really really expensive pens (wouldn't say I am that good) I mean there are some REAL expensive pens out there! I think he's leaning towards a fountain pen.

Thanks for the suggestions, actually I had found that knife clip after I typed the first post. Not to cause a fight but the food we serve is actually really good. The department head was looking up different pens online he started looking at really really expensive pens (wouldn't say I am that good) I mean there are some REAL expensive pens out there! I think he's leaning towards a fountain pen.
Fountain Pens are where the real money is in pen turning. But to reach that kind of money, - experience, pen mechanics (nib knowledge and threading ) and finish are critical.

I can do a label cast for you if you have something in mind for almost any kit out there. Just shoot me a message if interested

Back
Top Bottom