ACME Tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Just a Quick question about ACME Tools. Have you ever used them? Product quality? Returning product? The reason for my questions is that I ordered 3 zero clearance table saw inserts from them on the 12th of this month and they just confirmed to me today that they shipped the item. Is this normal for them? Seems like a pretty long stretch from order date to ship day...two weeks? Thanks for your help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Sorry, I have no experience with them, but just have to say that this is all that I can think of when I see "ACME".

1727398990390.png

Can't speak to their online shopping, but they have been my go to store for tools and construction supplies for many years. Sales people I have used had great tool knowledge and after sales service.
In this age of Amazon 2 weeks does seem overly long...my experience has always been they are a solid brick & mortar company

Yes, I have found the process with ACME to be slow, similar to other brick and mortar stores which have their base at that level and sell online to expand their market. (Seems very common with tractor and mower parts).

However, product came through and I was satisfied. But, they are an as necessary source for me, not my first to go to. Never had to return.

I have place 2 orders with Acme in the past 18 months.

1) a set of Fisch Wave Cutter Forstner bits, great price, beautiful bits.
2) a reconditioned M12 Milwaukee 1.6 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum, again great price, great little vacuum.

No issues, happy with both transactions.

Acme is out of North Dakota and has 8 to 10 brick and Mortar stores in Iowa, SD, and MN, One of the stores is here in Cedar Rapids. I have never ordered anything from them. They have mediocre to poor customer service in the store. It used to be great, but has gone the way of CS in most places....sometimes I walk the store, pick up items, walk up to the register and still can hardly get someone to wait on me or acknowledge my presence until it is convenient for them. Sounds like their on line presence is the same.

Acme is out of North Dakota and has 8 to 10 brick and Mortar stores in Iowa, SD, and MN, One of the stores is here in Cedar Rapids. I have never ordered anything from them. They have mediocre to poor customer service in the store. It used to be great, but has gone the way of CS in most places....sometimes I walk the store, pick up items, walk up to the register and still can hardly get someone to wait on me or acknowledge my presence until it is convenient for them. Sounds like their on line presence is the same.

They were really great when the Puckett family still owned the stores in Iowa. We were lucky in the Des Moines stores, they retained many of the key employees. They were relly strong in contractor sales & service

They were really great when the Puckett family still owned the stores in Iowa. We were lucky in the Des Moines stores, they retained many of the key employees. They were relly strong in contractor sales & service
The Puckett stores were great....and even after the Acme buy out....they even brought in Rockler here to CR, they had a manager for 3 or 4 years that was personable and would bend over backwards for you...unfortunately, he died and the store has been pathetic at best ever since. There have been glimmers of hope with a few people that came to work there, but their manager selection has been poor, and thus the CS has not been pushed.

Back
Top Bottom