A question about clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vanagas

Hey all... I have been making pens for 3 years but nowadays I started to make kitless pens. But I have many questions for that. I am really sorry if I open an opened topic before.

Starting with my first question.
I want to learn how some pens add their clips to a line hole without a ring... I mean most pens have a clip which has a circle near the top, but some of pen turners use that type clip. There is a line hole in the cap (-) like this, and the clip comes from that line. I will add a link to expain better. Is there anyone to explain this work? Thank you...
Ekran görüntüsü 2024-09-24 225016.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey all... I have been making pens for 3 years but nowadays I started to make kitless pens. But I have many questions for that. I am really sorry if I open an opened topic before.

I want to learn how some pens add their clips to a line hole without a ring... I mean most pens have a clip which has a circle near the top, but some of pen turners use that type clip. There is a line hole in the cap (-) like this, and the clip comes from that line. I will add a link to expain better. Is there anyone to explain this work? Thank you...
View attachment 377886
I added a clip to a fountain pen of mine I posted here a while ago:
1727229181986.jpeg

Check out the thread here: https://www.penturners.org/threads/amboyna-fountain-pen.178815/

I wrote a bit about my process around the 42nd posting in that thread. I hope that helps!

View attachment 377886
Most use a ring clip that is recessed into the cap under the finial, so that the ring is hidden.

The one you show, is a little more tricky, because you have to make a rectangular hole through the cap. The tab on the clip is then slid through the hole and secured inside the cap using a tiny screw. Sourcing Thea clips is also difficult, so you will likely need to make your own.

Back
Top Bottom