A pair of pens from brand new turners!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bugradx2

bugradx2

It's not very often when the baby brother gets to show his older brother and big sis something they've not done before.

They both have a pen from me and were here for a visit this past weekend and wanted to try making a pen for themselves. My brother made a bolt action using the taupe dog blank from the Pensmiths and my sister made a long clicker using a hybrid blank that I got from Exotic Blanks.

I think they did very well. Our other brother will now have to make one next time he's in town because he won't let those two show him up!

(Editor's note - my sister is standing on a stool)

Attachments

• 20240717_212236.jpg
    20240717_212236.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1747.jpg
    IMG_1747.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 20240717_113206.jpg
    20240717_113206.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 20240717_122840.jpg
    20240717_122840.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 84
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very Cool. They are both really nice. I've been really happy with those hybrid blanks from Exotic Blanks. I got an email from Dawn about a week ago that said they would be listing more of their hybrid blanks on their site shortly. - Dave

Very Cool. They are both really nice. I've been really happy with those hybrid blanks from Exotic Blanks. I got an email from Dawn about a week ago that said they would be listing more of their hybrid blanks on their site shortly. - Dave
Dave - that is fantastic!!!! I only have one more of those left and it's already sitting in the stack my wife has set aside for her personal pens! Therefore, I'm out!

Dave - that is fantastic!!!! I only have one more of those left and it's already sitting in the stack my wife has set aside for her personal pens! Therefore, I'm out!
I'm almost out too. I have a red one and a green one left. I have them in a stack I have set aside for myself. Until being able to see them firsthand at the MPG I never realized how gorgeous some of the label cast and hybrid blanks really were. The pictures online just don't do justice to them. - Dave

I'm almost out too. I have a red one and a green one left. I have them in a stack I have set aside for myself. Until being able to see them firsthand at the MPG I never realized how gorgeous some of the label cast and hybrid blanks really were. The pictures online just don't do justice to them. - Dave
Totally agree with you, seeing them in person helps them sell

Congrats to your family, I would think that you probably have set the hook on them into this vortex. Oh, by the way, beautiful pens by both. What a great way to start off………cC😎
Well, they each have a pen I've made them over the last year. I think they both thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for the kind words too

Back
Top Bottom