A pair of European Flamed Maple implements.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AGold42

AGold42

Over the weekend I made a couple projects. The first was a Sierra click and the other a Vertex 2 mm click pencil. Both are made from the same piece of European Flamed Maple. They look almost fake the finish is so nice.

Attachments

• DSCN6684.jpeg
    DSCN6684.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN6682.jpeg
    DSCN6682.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN6683.jpeg
    DSCN6683.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 73
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very nice. If u r into coloring them, they take teh CSUSA artisan duyes very well - produced multi tones. I can send soem pic if you are thinking about dyeing some.

They look nice. As Tony mentioned, figured maple does look great when dyed. I've done a couple random dye (kind of like tie-dye) blanks and was happy with them. I bought a Keda dye sample pack at Amazon and the small sample packets are going to last me a long time.

Very nice. If u r into coloring them, they take teh CSUSA artisan duyes very well - produced multi tones. I can send soem pic if you are thinking about dyeing some.
I've done one dyed and it looks great, but I'm personally into the natural color of the wood. Also, the dry time is a bit of a turn off atm. I turn at a maker space, and once I leave I really don't want to go back. My free time is sparse.

I've done one dyed and it looks great, but I'm personally into the natural color of the wood. Also, the dry time is a bit of a turn off atm. I turn at a maker space, and once I leave I really don't want to go back. My free time is sparse.
It hear you; it is important that we spend ur rtime exactly the way we want. Enjoy

The Artisan dyes from Craft Supplies are alcohol based--so dry time is measured in seconds. Then take them home, hit them with a few coats of spray on lacquer. Next trip to the maker space, apply your CA finish over the lacquer. But...i also have a strong preference for nature's color of wood!!

Back
Top Bottom