A note to the forum "Hams"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gin N' Tonic

As many know, I've rekindled my passion for radio and took the test on the 14th to get my Tech ticket. I aced that one with a 35 out of 35 and on the 20th my call sign showed up in the database so know I'm KC1DXF. I started studying tor the general exam which I took on Saturday at the Goshen CT hamfest and I have a little poem about the experience if you will indulge me........

I went to the fest.
And I took the test.

With a score of 33.
I earned my /AG

Wanted to share because some of you guys know what it takes.

Scott
KC1DXF/AG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
As many know, I've rekindled my passion for radio and took the test on the 14th to get my Tech ticket. I aced that one with a 35 out of 35 and on the 20th my call sign showed up in the database so know I'm KC1DXF. I started studying tor the general exam which I took on Saturday at the Goshen CT hamfest and I have a little poem about the experience if you will indulge me........

I went to the fest.
And I took the test.

With a score of 33.
I earned my /AG

Wanted to share because some of you guys know what it takes.

Scott
KC1DXF/AG
Good job....I have always had a secret desire to be a "ham" but I just never was able to use morse code very well...to many thumbs and too little patience. And by the time they dropped that requirement I was just too old to bother and had developed other interests.

Good job....I have always had a secret desire to be a "ham" but I just never was able to use morse code very well...to many thumbs and too little patience. And by the time they dropped that requirement I was just too old to bother and had developed other interests.

Smitty, I was taught Morse code in the Navy... I got good enough to pass the tests and get out of radio school, but never really good that good in the fleet... I spent more time on a telex machine than on a CW key and the speed key was totally foreign to me... it sounded almost like a telex signal to me rather than Morse code..... I could probably out type anyone on the ship, including the personnel men though. Nowadays, I can pick up a little, but have forgotten most of my code.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Smitty, I was taught Morse code in the Navy... I got good enough to pass the tests and get out of radio school, but never really good that good in the fleet... I spent more time on a telex machine than on a CW key and the speed key was totally foreign to me... it sounded almost like a telex signal to me rather than Morse code..... I could probably out type anyone on the ship, including the personnel men though. Nowadays, I can pick up a little, but have forgotten most of my code.
I tried to learn it while I was in the Navy, never had much success. As as ET I really didn't need to know it but it could have made my job easier at times if I did.

Jerryconn

Congrats!! I had my General about 20 years ago and let it lapse. Studying right now for the Technician. Can't take it until July (Field Day in June trumps the normal test schedule here) but I'll be ready by then for sure. ;-)

mecompco

Congrats! Got my Tech+ back when you had to do 5WPM. Got my General about 10 years ago (got to re-up soon).

73's
Michael N1UTZ

OldGrumpy

Comgratulations. I took my test on May26th and am anxiously awaiting the posting of my call sign. Never too old - I took test at age 69 and after only a week of study.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Comgratulations. I took my test on May26th and am anxiously awaiting the posting of my call sign. Never too old - I took test at age 69 and after only a week of study.
I wouldn't worry about passing the test...even after all the years since I've been away from radio, I wouldn't need much time to get ready. I just don't want to bother with buying the equipment to get into it with.

MrWright

Passed Away Oct 12, 2022
In Memoriam
Congrats Scott. I remember when I passed my Extra Class I pumped my arm so hard and fast I almost knocked my congratulatory off his crutches. My Novice started in the 1950's and Extra in the 2000. ad6oa@sbcglobal.net Frank or in Ham talk....
Always Diddle Six Old Arkies. (which I am one)

Top Bottom