3D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

moke

Can anyone point me to or sell me the 3D file for the honeycomb insert or really anything else for inside a cast pen? Any ideas are welcomed....I am new to casting and new to 3D printing. I have a Bambu A1 carbon printer.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hooked

You can search multiple sites for 3D files from thangs.com. I searched pen blanks and found many files.

Zac Higgins also sells files for printing:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Mike, I can't help with that but did want to clarify your search: Are you looking for the one that the honeycomb radiates outward from the center all the way around, Correct? I have two but don't remember where I got them. I have thought it sure would be nice to have that 3D file. I will be watching this thread.

moke

Thanks Hank & Hooked...yes I was looking for that file in particular, but the other files resin works sells are interesting too. I am curious Hooked, these are suitable for filment printed items too?

hooked

I download files from Thangs/thingverse all the time for my filament 3D printer. I have also purchased designs from Zac that work well on my Creality filament printer.

anthonyd

Hi Mike,
Here are some STL files for some round hex skeletons that you can cast. Print them in PET-G because it is more temperature resistant when machining. PLA will work but you have to be careful when drilling. You can modify these in Tinkercad. I printed my own outer molds as you can see in the attached photograph. Don't print the molds too tight or you will trap air bubbles on the outer surface. When vertical pouring make sure to fill the mold halfway and then rotate the skeleton as you push it down in the mold or you will trap air bubbles.

Attachments

• 10Hex19mm10HoleFIXED.stl
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 8hex19mm10mmHoleFixed.stl
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • blanks21-27.jpeg
    blanks21-27.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 8hex19mm10mmHoleFixed.stl
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 10Hex19mm10HoleFIXED.stl
    1.4 MB · Views: 15