Hello from University Place, WA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello, everyone. Name is Jeffrey and I am a woodworker located in University Place, Washington south west of Tacoma. I have been off and on woodworking for over 10 years now and started my woodworking journey building wood geared clocks with nothing more than a scrollsaw and a handheld drill. I've been woodturning for little over a year now and love making pens, wine stoppers and single board bowls as well as segmented vessels. I am just now getting into stabilizing wood and have five redwood burl blanks in the vacuum chamber as I write this now. Yes, I l know what everyone says... redwood burl doesn't stabilize well. Well I have to say to that, hogwash! I'm doing it any way.

I am looking forward to sharing my creations and learning from the many truly talented woodturners on the forum here. I'm also very interested in meeting woodworkers local to me.

Now to go check on those blanks, they've been under vacuum for over two hours now and still blowing bubbles. Looks like they're gonna soak over night at this rate. :eek:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jsolie

Welcome from Southern California! Would love to see some pics of the redwood when either finished stabilizing or after they're made into a pen (or both stages!)

Welcome from Southern California! Would love to see some pics of the redwood when either finished stabilizing or after they're made into a pen (or both stages!)

Thank you, I'm hoping to learn a lot from the members on this site. I've seen some amazing pens from some incredibly talented people here and hope to learn all I can. Here are a couple images on the blanks and a Navigator pen I turned using one.

Attachments

• IMG_20170325_131441(1).jpg
    IMG_20170325_131441(1).jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20170325_173704(1).jpg
    IMG_20170325_173704(1).jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 127
Top Bottom