Prizes for the 2017 Birthday Bash needed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its that time of year again! THe 2017 BIrthday Bash is just around the corner.

Every year we ask if you the member would like to donate to the prize pool for the Bash. IF you have a Box Of Blanks, a collection of unused kits. A cool tool you dont or wont use, or would just like to donate a gift card from a vendor now is the time to speak up!
We ask that the prize you donate be worth at least $25.00.
Lots of prizes are needed for trivia, Puzzles and other contests. Some will go for random drawings, some will go to everyone's Favorite Contest, "The Losers Train drawing"! (Dont even think about it Derek!) :biggrin:

You can post here if you like or you can send me a pm or email if you would rather.

Contest rules will be published for preview and Public input and comments after the 1st.
Now might be a great time to start planning your entries into the upcoming contests. :rolleyes:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm in for a few bobs and perhaps something else as well. I'll see what I can come upsurge & send you a PM after the holidays.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Thanks Vic thats a great prize.
THe bash is in February. ALL of February, Pen making contests, blank making contests, trivia, puzzles, just to name a few. Around 20 in all.

So does that mean Box of Blank's, your Uncle?

stonepecker

Mike,
As in past few years the Minnesota Chapter has taken care of the prizes for the kids contests. We will do so again for 2017 BASH.

And I will take care of the postage for the prizes for these contests.

Now, You old turners (and newbies) get those kids a turning!

Stoney

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
As always Thank You all for your kindness and generosity. I will start posting the rules for public Discussion shortly.

Imaginethat

I would like to donate a BOB with a surprise and box of surprises. To be given as IAP would see fit. Each worth in excess of $25.

KenV

Mike, I will throw in a gift certificate for $50 to Exotic Blanks. That is about the second best thing to a universal gift certificate (a $50 bill). Will get with Ed and Dawn and get the logistics worked out.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I will donate 3 sets of 2 IAP Coasters along with shipping. For those who don't remember these are beautiful wood coasters here's a picture.

IAP Coaster 1-5-2017 11-15-46 AM 2093x2085.jpg

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Mike,

I will donate the following:

a $50 GC to Exotic Blanks
a $50 GC to George's Bits of Timber
an LFRB of blanks & goodies for Jeff's drawing
at least 3 SFRB BOBs for prizes

Edgar

TonyL

If ok, I would like to offer something different - something for our better halves.
I don't care if your better half is your spouse, good friend, partner, relative. someone who may not support, but who "tolerates" your pen turning, or walks around on 4 legs, a charity that you are found of....as long as it is animate (living). If this is accepted. I will donate a $50 gift certificate to whatever you want them to have or whatever they want.

I am blessed with someone (my wife) who never asks me a things other than if I am happy. I do know that not all have that, but that doesn't mean there aren't special people, organizations, companions, in your life (that may have enough gift pens LOL). I am just trying to think of something to acknowledge others. If this is not approved, I would gladly participate in the traditional way.

Thanks for reading - no harm in finding my idea a less than good one.

I will leave it up to Jeff and the mods to decide.

Time to start my day-job.

Be well and be nice,

Tony

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It's a great thought Tony but Im not sure how to enforce it. Once we award a prize to a member,how do we make them give it to their spouse/etc?

TonyL

That is between the winner and his/her conscience and his/her god. As I mentioned, I can go the traditional route.

Top Bottom