First kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul in OKC

It really is. I tend to over think projects so some get put of. Decided to just play and go big. One inch 304 stainless tubing, and some left over 17-4 stainless. Was fun to make and let me play with some thoughts. Next one will be 'normal' size of similar materials, hopefully soon. Oh, it has a Bock nib :). Closed it is 6" long and weighs 8.9 oz!

Attachments

• IMG_8035.jpg
    IMG_8035.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_8031.jpg
    IMG_8031.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_8033.jpg
    IMG_8033.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_8034.jpg
    IMG_8034.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_8036.jpg
    IMG_8036.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 200
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

I love it...Bold and Unique!! Keep playing and have fun...
I think normal is overrated.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world....."<------Keep it up!

Kind Regards,
Doc:)

Curly

Paul many people ask what threads a kitless maker used for their pen. The cap threads look like doozies. Would you mind telling me what it and the others are? Thanks.

Like I basically said on Facebook. As an eye dropper it would hold an entire bottle of ink. :)

Paul in OKC

Threads on both ends of the body, and top end of the cap are 20 tpi. The cap to body connection is kind of a combo. I didn't want to mess with 2 or 3 start threads, but didn't want a bunch of turns either, so I tried to making a shallow 10 pitch thread. The female used a regular V thread. The male thread is a modified V. There is an oilfield thread called an MT, it is 60* with a .055 flat instead of full V profile. It is also a 6 pitch thread. So I played in AutoCad and came up with what it would look like run as a 10 pitch. Still deeper than I would like, but I had plenty of material :). Also the advantage of the full size machines at the shop. I intend to give double or triple start threading a go on one in the future, and will come up with a size that fits what I am doing. At least that's the plan!

RobS

That is such a BOSS pen, as in when you whip it out to sign a document, there is no question who has the signature of authority.

Love it!!!

RogerC

This is a great example of "more than meets the eye." At first glance it looks rather simple, but when you really start looking at it and realizing all the work that went into making it, it gives you an all new appreciation. Nicely done!

Rolandranch

Wow, very cool especially for being the first one. With that weight, you could probably use it as a weapon too.:wink:

Last edited:
Top Bottom