Air Filtration

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Black Fri coming up...my check book smells blood. Considering the Jet AFS1000B filtration unit. Instructions say it can be mounted vertical or horizontal. I will not be able to ceiling mount it for a while. It would be vertical on a service cart or some kind of stand. About 3 feet off the ground in the center of the 2 garage. Does that seem acceptable or do these units need to be suspended for best results. Is anyone using the Jet 1000? Thanks..and happy Black Fri shopping.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

They need to be hung from above for best results. IMO
I just bought the WEN, but have not had time to mount it yet.

Harry

longbeard

Harry

Still in the box or are you using it?

Still in the box.
We just moved last month and the new shop will be the room downstairs.
I just started on building an island bench today.
All the reviews was great and a few other turners i know had one and said it worked great. Great price also.

Harry

CrashmanS

Harry

Still in the box or are you using it?

Still in the box.
We just moved last month and the new shop will be the room downstairs.
I just started on building an island bench today.
All the reviews was great and a few other turners i know had one and said it worked great. Great price also.

Harry
I helped a guy move some MDF into a house the other day. You wouldn't know him perhaps? [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

jimmyz

I made one with a Granger sucker fan, some plywood, and 4 12z24 filters. It's suspended from the ceiling behind where I stand at the table saw, but I can't claim any engineering reason for putting it there other than it's out of the way and leaves space on walls for other things.

Judging by how often I need (should) to change filters, it removes a LOT of dust from the air.

CrashmanS

I mounted an old delta from the ceiling about 3 feet in front of the wood stove. It filters air great and circulates the heat around like a champ.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

WriteON

Jet AFS 1000B.... bought one from Amazon (through CPOoutlets) for $295 shipped/no tax. I jumped on that price. Was $377.

Marmotjr

Harry

The WEN has been getting excellent reviews on other forums, and I have been happy with the tools of theirs I have tried and or owned.

WriteON

I used mine on a table for a couple of months before I got around to hanging from the ceiling. It's out of the way now but I think it worked better on the table.

Table Top....That's is what I have in mind. It will be used like that for a while.

Last edited:

JimB

Keep in mind what the purpose of the system is. It is to filter the air that has extremely fine dust particles so you don't breathe it and before they settle on surfaces in the shop. The very fine particles can float in the air for a long time. If you place it on a table top then the air at 'breathing level' is not getting filtered so you are still breathing the fine dust and a lot of fine dust has already settled onto surfaces. Also, any dust that has already settled on the table where it is will be blown Into to the air again.

When I bought mine there were specific instructions for the best location in a shop. Basically hanging from the ceiling about 2/3 of the way down the long wall, next to the wall. That way it circulates the air in the shop in a circular motion around the shop to properly filter it.

Last edited:

WriteON

Keep in mind what the purpose of the system is. It is to filter the air that has extremely fine dust particles so you don't breathe it and before they settle on surfaces in the shop. The very fine particles can float in the air for a long time. If you place it on a table top then the air at 'breathing level' is not getting filtered so you are still breathing the fine dust and a lot of fine dust has already settled onto surfaces. Also, any dust that has already settled on the table where it is will be blown Into to the air again.

When I bought mine there were specific instructions for the best location in a shop. Basically hanging from the ceiling about 2/3 of the way down the long wall, next to the wall. That way it circulates the air in the shop in a circular motion around the shop to properly filter it.

I'm hanging onto what you are saying. Jet instructions say tabletop is ok....however if I do that it is only until I can get it properly mounted/suspended at proper ceiling height. And I'm currently looking for someone to help me with the project.

JimB

I'm hanging onto what you are saying. Jet instructions say tabletop is ok....however if I do that it is only until I can get it properly mounted/suspended at proper ceiling height. And I'm currently looking for someone to help me with the project.

You will be glad you bought one. I have a small enclosed shop with no windows so no air circulation. The air filtration system makes a big difference.

WriteON

You will be glad you bought one. I have a small enclosed shop with no windows so no air circulation. The air filtration system makes a big difference.

I'm glad I ordered it. It becomes our lungs best friend. However I have another lathe set up at a different location...literally in a closet. Low ceiling..no windows. I will buy an AF unit for that room but cannot suspend it. It might have be cart or floor mounted.

Top Bottom