First Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turn81

Hey all! I thought I would pop up a quick photo and share my first pen! It's by no means perfect, but given this is the first project I have ever turned....I would say that I am happy. I'm open to critique and advice.....I am pretty excited to turn some more!
a9228951ea77eec4bc7045e14a9a5809.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Beautys_Beast

Pens look good.

Buy a two x four, cut into segments, and practice applying CA glue finish. If you want to make them not so bland, use a few drops of food coloring first to "Die" them.

Also, the Slimline is a great pen kit to learn on. Somewhere around here is a great post about throwing away the center band and making your own. It really opens up the uses for the slimline pen.

Buy a few cheap acrylic blanks. You can get them for a couple bucks each at PSI. They are great to learn on, and give you a variety of colors you can't get from wood.

Lastly, and certainly not least important. Pen turning is HIGHLY addictive. It can lead to episodes of spousal anger, and long periods of being financially impaired. Proceed at your own risk. You have been warned.

Top Bottom