The Twelve Days of PenTurning Christmas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The Twelve Days of PenTurning Christmas
(Nope, it won't rhyme, just go with it)​

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a partridge in a pear tree.

(So I plucked the silly bird, cast a feather blank, cut the pear tree down and turned an awesome pen for the segmented pen contest).

On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.

(So I freed the pretty doves, plucked the silly bird, cast a feather blank, cut the pear tree down and turned an awesome pen for the segmented pen contest).

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me three French hens, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree

(So I ate the noisy hens, freed the pretty doves, plucked the silly bird, cast a feather blank, cut the pear tree down and turned an awesome pen for the segmented pen contest).

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree

(So I phone blocked all their calls, ate the noisy hens, freed the pretty doves, plucked the silly bird, cast a feather blank, cut the pear tree down and turned an awesome pen for the segmented pen contest).

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me five golden rings, four calling birds, three French hens two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree

(So I donated to the BASH auction, phone blocked all their calls, ate the noisy hens, freed the pretty doves, plucked the silly bird, cast a feather blank, cut the pear tree down and turned an awesome pen for the segmented pen contest).

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me six geese a-layin', five golden rings, four calling birds three French hens, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree

(So I sent the geese back to Canada, donated to the BASH auction, phone blocked all their calls, ate the noisy hens, freed the pretty doves, plucked the silly bird, cast a feather blank, cut the pear tree down and turned an awesome pen for the segmented pen contest).

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me seven swans a-swimmin', six geese a-layin', five golden rings four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree

(So I Cactus Juiced the swans - messy and a tight fit, sent the geese back to Canada, donated to the BASH auction, phone blocked all their calls, ate the noisy hens, freed the pretty doves, plucked the silly bird, cast a feather blank, cut the pear tree down and turned an awesome pen for the segmented pen contest).

On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me eight maids a-milkin', seven swans a-swimmin' six geese a-layin', five golden rings, four calling birds, three French hens two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree

(So I have no comment on the maids, Cactus Juiced the swans - messy and a tight fit, sent the geese back to Canada, donated to the BASH auction, phone blocked all their calls, ate the noisy hens, freed the pretty doves, plucked the silly bird, cast a feather blank, cut the pear tree down and turned an awesome pen for the segmented pen contest).

On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me nine lords a-leapin', eight maids a-milkin', seven swans a-swimmin' six geese a-layin', five golden rings, four calling birds, three French hens two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree

(So I referred the frisky lords to Mike Redburn for BASH chores, no comment on the maids, Cactus Juiced the swans - messy and a tight fit, sent the geese back to Canada, donated to the BASH auction, phone blocked all their calls, ate the noisy hens, freed the pretty doves, plucked the silly bird, cast a feather blank, cut the pear tree down and turned an awesome pen for the segmented pen contest).

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ten ladies dancin', nine lords a-leapin', eight maids a-milkin' seven swans a-swimmin', six geese a-layin', five golden rings four calling birds, three French hens two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree

(So I regret not knowing how to dance, referred the frisky lords to Mike Redburn for BASH chores, no comment on the maids, Cactus Juiced the swans - messy and a tight fit, sent the geese back to Canada, donated to the BASH auction, phone blocked all their calls, ate the noisy hens, freed the pretty doves, plucked the silly bird, cast a feather blank, cut the pear tree down and turned an awesome pen for the segmented pen contest).

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me eleven pipers pipin', ten ladies dancin', nine lords a-leapin' eight maids a-milkin', seven swans a-swimmin' six geese a-layin', five golden rings, four calling birds, three French hens two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree

(So I cut up the pipes for casting tubes, regret not knowing how to dance, referred the frisky lords to Mike Redburn for BASH chores, no comment on the maids, Cactus Juiced the swans - messy and a tight fit, sent the geese back to Canada, donated to the BASH auction, phone blocked all their calls, ate the noisy hens, freed the pretty doves, plucked the silly bird, cast a feather blank, cut the pear tree down and turned an awesome pen for the segmented pen contest).

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to met twelve drummers drummin', eleven pipers pipin', ten ladies dancin' nine lords a-leapin', eight maids milkin', seven swans a-swimmin'
six geese a-layin' five golden rings, four calling birds, three French hens two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree

(So I turned the drumsticks into sawdust, cut up the pipes for casting tubes, regret not knowing how to dance, referred the frisky lords to Mike Redburn for BASH chores, have no comment on the maids, Cactus Juiced the swans - messy and a tight fit, sent the geese back to Canada, donated to the BASH auction, phone blocked all their calls, ate the noisy hens, freed the pretty doves, plucked the silly bird, cast a feather blank, cut the pear tree down and turned an awesome pen for the segmented pen contest).

Whatever is beautiful.
Whatever is meaningful.
Whatever brings you happiness.
May it be yours these Holidays and throughout the coming year.

Holiday Cheer provided by the management of the: Segmented Pen Contest

The Twelve Days of Christmas lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Reservoir Media Management Inc, Next Decade Entertainment, Inc

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hey, Mark !!!

That's not bad at all !!! . But it's a real pity that your rich baritone voice doesn't come through !!

(BTW ... I think that the stresses of segmenting are getting to you. . Maybe you really should take a spell off over the holidays !)

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
So I was singing along to the song and my wife finally told me to SHUT UP!!! Is it too early for a Jack?

As long as you are a "Gentleman."

Hey, Mark !!!

That's not bad at all !!! . But it's a real pity that your rich baritone voice doesn't come through !!

(BTW ... I think that the stresses of segmenting are getting to you. . Maybe you really should take a spell off over the holidays !)

No baritone voice coming from me, although I do still have my Euphonium that got me to college and my MusEd degree.

So I was singing along to the song and my wife finally told me to SHUT UP!!! Is it too early for a Jack?

As long as you are a "Gentleman."

Yep always a "Gentleman" or Single Barrel, or Old #7. It's all good. I especially enjoy a shot of "Sinatra" while listening to an old LP of his. Never met a Jack I didn't like.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Oh, wait, you like Dickel, too. Couldn't have been the whisky then. Diet Dr. Dickel always makes me better. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

YUK! That to me is like Low Fat Mayonnaise. :bad::bad::bad:. If I want mayonnaise, I want to die happy. If I want a Dickel's or Jack and coke, then I'll accept the added calories for a proper flavor (notice the distain and sarcasm :wink:).

And to be clear, jokes aside, power tools and imbibing are frowned upon here. Plenty of time afterwards. Question: How do you turn a Chevron into a Herringbone? 2 oz!

Top Bottom