Female Communication?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

OK after MiteyF's post I'm confused. I was thinking we were being honest and leaning on each other for support and ideas. Now are we supposed to see who can come up with the best lie and act like we have the wisdom to stay on top?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I think that MiteyF should share his knowledge somehow. Maybe write a how to manual or develop a decoder ring or something.

Cwalker935

Well it looks like the majority of us males have some difficulty in deciphering what our ladies are really saying. I am happy to report that all has been well with Lida since my original post and that I survived Valentine's Day without buying a robe. Even though she drives me crazy at times I could not live without the LOML.

Gregory Hardy

None of my business, brother, but you'd better think back through the ol' memory bank and make sure you didn't buy the robe for her in the first place on some Christmas or anniversary past. You might be in more trouble than you realize!

MTViper

My wife was older than most when we got married. She was also more practical. I asked what she wanted for our first anniversary and she said "A Kitchenaide Mixer". So that's what I got her. She's still using it 30 years later and thanking me for it every time. Then she tells the story to her friends and they say "oh you poor dear" and give me "the look". Funny, huh?

MiteyF

My wife was older than most when we got married. She was also more practical. I asked what she wanted for our first anniversary and she said "A Kitchenaide Mixer". So that's what I got her. She's still using it 30 years later and thanking me for it every time. Then she tells the story to her friends and they say "oh you poor dear" and give me "the look". Funny, huh?

That's funny, my fiance's bday is this Monday, so last weekend we went out and got her what she's been dying to have for I-couldn't-tell-you-how-long... a Kitchenaid mixer. And yes, she loves it.

MiteyF

I think that MiteyF should share his knowledge somehow. Maybe write a how to manual or develop a decoder ring or something.

Missed this before. You guys wanna know the secret(s)? Here it is.

1 - find the right woman.
2 - treat her like she's the best thing that's ever happened to you, but
3 - call her out on her ****.
4 - cook for her (no woman on the face of the earth can resist a man who can cook).
5 - Never ever lie. If she tries to trap you with something like, "is she prettier than me?" you say "she's got better ****, but I wouldn't say 'prettier' ". If she doesn't like your answer, tough. She asked.

Love them, treat them right, but make sure they know you won't put up with bullshit, and neither should they put up with yours. If she asks you to do something, you do it. If she's worth keeping, she'll do the same for you.

Rounder

One thing I told my wife many years ago was "No making rules that don't apply to us both". She didn't like that at first but I told her fair was fair. IF you want to make a rule, you better be willing to abide by it also. Sure limited the rule making.

FrankH

My wife got on board with my pen making when I made her a seam ripper. Then I made about 30 more for her to give away. I didn't realize she had so many quilting buddies.

tbroye

Female and Communication are two words that should never be used together. I know from almost 52 years of experience. Yes Mam/dear/sweetheart/honey, is the correct answer to any communication brought by a female. I have been caught in that delemina a few time over the years and have never won.

sbwertz

My husband is also a woodworker, though not a turner. We share a VERY crowded shop. (I agree not to turn when he is varnishing!) He made me a beautiful set of kitchen cabinets a few years ago. (See them in my photo album.) His health has limited the work he can do in the shop now (spinal stenosis) but he loves to help me make blanks for the blind center. I cut them on the band saw, and he drills them on the drill press, sitting on a stool. Pepper mill blanks, pen blanks, stopper blanks, etc. Then he sits on a little roll around stool and takes the shop vac and cleans up the debris. We make a great team.

Last edited:

Gregory Hardy

I had to chuckle a bit at this thread... I'm a (relative to you old farts) fairly young(ish) fella in my 30's (for 3 more years anyways) and with 2 young kids. My wife and I are naturally frazzled which comes with having a 4 year old and a teething 10 month old. We've been married 10 years now and I have spent a few well earned evenings on the couch.

Well this past weekend was a fun stress filled weekend of family engagements that included the baptism of our baby girl, my mother, her mother, and well that's enough for anyone right? I'd left my computer open where I had just received an email from an IAP member that will remain nameless (name rhymes with Craig Shardy) where he was making a joke about my wife not being appreciative of having me rather than being stuck with a grouchy old dinosaur such as himself.

As you can imagine the keywords she saw were: Wife, Ungrateful, Unappreciative.

My son came and got me because he was worried about mommy crying in the shower. THAT one was fun. :rolleyes:

She is luckier having you than me...but I'm not sure that makes her lucky on the grand scale.
Regards-
Craig Shardy
(Greg Hardy)

Top Bottom