Color laser printers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

When my husband's inkjet printer died about a year ago, I replaced it with a Dell color laser printer. It was only a hundred dollars, and a complete set of toner refills was less than thirty (not from Dell....a compatible toner). We were really pleased with the quality, speed, and economy of the color laser, so when my multifunction Epson died a few weeks ago, I bought the multifunction version of Dell's color laser. Printer/scanner/copier/fax with sheet feeder, for $200, replacement cartridges (five, two black and three color) were only $22.50. Much less than inkjet, and they don't dry out in our hot dry climate like the inkjets do.

I've really found the lasers to be much cheaper to run than inkjets and are MUCH faster. If you are looking at replacing an inkjet, you might want to check them out. They have really come down in price in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Thank you Sharon. Would you mind sharing the model that you bought? Thank you.

Woodster Will

We've got a colour laser we use for printing documents and it works well enough but they're not as good for printing photographs as an inkjet. I used to operate a large expensive Canon laser printer at work and it couldn't match my cheap inkjet for photos. There's also the health issue with laser printers, if you print a lot use it in a well ventilated room and don't sit next to it.

sbwertz

I have both the Dell C1760nw color laser and the Dell E525w all-in-one color printer, copier, scanner, fax with sheet feeder. We get our toner from LimeInk on Amazon.

The C1760 was just over a hundred dollars, and the all-in-one was just under two hundred. Toner was $22.50 for two black and three color, and for the other printer it was $29.95 for five cartridges a year ago, and they are still going strong.

Last edited:

sbwertz

I bought the replacement cartridges right after I bought the printer last year because I didn't know how long the cartridges would last. Often manufacturers just put partially filled cartridges in printers when you buy them. We've been using it a year, and have only had to replace the black and the cyan, and the yellow is beginning to get low. That is on the original cartridges. We don't use it a tremendous amount, but pretty much every day. If I have to do a big manuscript or something, I send it to the 8 year old Dell black and white laser printer in the office. The cartridges for it are only 15 dollars and last forever.

My husband is a retired programmer and I'm a (more or less) retired computer consultant. We have a pair of recliner chairs in the living room. On a table next to mine is my laptop and printer, and on a table next to him is HIS laptop and printer. In the office is a desktop and printer and a fax machine. I'm not saying we spend a lot of time on the computers or anything.......but I also have a little netbook, an IPAD, two Fires, a Paperwhite, and a smartphone.

Last edited:

MRDucks2

I bought the replacement cartridges right after I bought the printer last year because I didn't know how long the cartridges would last. Often manufacturers just put partially filled cartridges in printers when you buy them. We've been using it a year, and have only had to replace the black and the cyan, and the yellow is beginning to get low. That is on the original cartridges. We don't use it a tremendous amount, but pretty much every day. If I have to do a big manuscript or something, I send it to the 8 year old Dell black and white laser printer in the office. The cartridges for it are only 15 dollars and last forever.

My husband is a retired programmer and I'm a (more or less) retired computer consultant. We have a pair of recliner chairs in the living room. On a table next to mine is my laptop and printer, and on a table next to him is HIS laptop and printer. In the office is a desktop and printer and a fax machine. I'm not saying we spend a lot of time on the computers or anything.......but I also have a little netbook, an IPAD, two Fires, a Paperwhite, and a smartphone.

I knew a nuclear engineer who worked as a programmer for Babcock & Wilcox/Framatome that had a similar setup in the living room. He called me one night when I was in a hotel and I chastised him for working so late on a program change. He told me his set-up then with his wife, who was also employed as a programmer/computer wiz of some sort. They loved what they did and did what they loved.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

acmaclaren

Angi the Maker
Thank you for the info. I've been looking for a new colored printer. I will definitely look into both of those.

Top Bottom