Slimeline pro issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jasonmac73

I've turned many slimline Pro click pens and every one of them will bind if pushed in to hard or far. Also, the clicker feels rough when pushing in. I really enjoy the style and gel ink that comes with it though.

Is this normal for this pen style? Has anyone found a solution to prevent the binding as described.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elyk864

I've turned many slimline Pro click pens and every one of them will bind if pushed in to hard or far. Also, the clicker feels rough when pushing in. I really enjoy the style and gel ink that comes with it though.

Is this normal for this pen style? Has anyone found a solution to prevent the binding as described.

Thanks

Are sanding the tube shorter when matching the blank up with the tube. If you end up any shorter at on the top tube the center band will crush the plastic.

jasonmac73

I suppose it's possible but when I trim with a barrel trimmer on my drill press, I trim very slight amount and look for the tube edge. I trimmed some short when I started turning and am extremely cautious when trimming now.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

magpens

I have made many Slimline Pro pens and I have never had a binding problem (or rough operation).

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

PatrickR

I have had this happen. The spring gets lodged in the nib. Ive had luck switching the spring to this one. Don't remember where I got them. Either Greenwald or Milans.
Lately though Ive been doing the Schmidt clicker along with this spring. Works great and is very easy.
f89f89cd8a9710c1113ce6077093f29e.jpg

TimE

Having the same issue with the last batch I ordered - if you look into the nib and push the clicker it binds on the side of the nib - I used a drill bit and by hand debured the inside of the nib

jasonmac73

That is great insight and advice to this issue. Not sure about switching over the parts yet. Not sure exactly how that works so I'll try the deburring of the nib. I'll look for videos on youtube to make click pens with the schmidt clicker.

Top Bottom