Best Selling Pens (styles and materials) ! ! !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That is a complicated question. A lot depends on the type of people that live in your area. My pens sell in a small town in Alaska and most of the people buying them are "little old ladies" And they like higher end kits with girley blanks the masculine pens and the plain ones don't sell.

ThomJ

Slimlines at a local craft store, the high school girls like bright acrylics. I sell pen/letter opener sets to realtors they use for closing gifts for thier clients, they prefer wood.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I sell alot of sierra's and slim's in colored acrylics. Wood is just plain, but color sells around here.

bitshird

I sell quite a few Flat top Americans for my cheaper pens, quite a few Jr Gents and Elegant Beauties, colorful acrylics or real nice woods like Amboyna and Afzelia burl, along with Irish Bog Oak, Wood with a story sell better, but Acrylics sell better, again it depends on the Venue.

SDB777

I'd say Cartridge pens....seem to have the 'nack' to move them! They all wear wood, the acrylic camo looks like crap!

Trying to get things together to cast my own, probably do feathers(thanks Les for getting this idea in my mind)!

Scott (price depends on where they go) B

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Slims

Slimline by a narrow margin. I find that comforts sell fairly well and euros in pen & Pencil sets.....but based on kit sales I would say that over all Slimlines have to be the biggest sellers....either that or there are a lot of them get thrown away.

Jim Burr

Banned
Artisans from CS are great...$40 to $60 a piece. I asked them to see if black Ti would be in the future. Jr Gents, also from CS in Black Ti and Cigars from Woodworkz do very well. Usually wood, but coffee and oddball stuff like yellow lentils in Alumalite are popular

toyotaman

Slimlines sell well here.I just started with acrylics so I'm not sure about them right now.I'm working on getting some acrylic slims made up and see which one sells better next to the wood slims.
Donny

mharris

Can you tell what you sell the sets for to the realtors. I have a great realtor but I want to be fair if I sell him a pen/pencil set or a pen/envelope opener set?

mmayo

I sell Sierras, Saturn/Roadster, bolt actions and Jr Aaron fountain/rollerball combos. Try both wood and acrylic as it runs in spurts for each material.

gtriever

So far the three that have generated the most sales for me are Elegant Sierras, Bolt Actions, and Barons in both wood and acrylic.

jcm71

By far my highest sellers have been Slims, followed by cigars (all varieties) and Gatsbys. Other high contenders include Liberties, and 30 cals. My highest rollerball is a Tycoon. I do wish rollerballs would sell better in TN (I charge more for them :)).

jttheclockman

Can you tell what you sell the sets for to the realtors. I have a great realtor but I want to be fair if I sell him a pen/pencil set or a pen/envelope opener set?

No set rules make what you want and what kit you are comfortable with I never sold to a realtor or at least do not know I did. They are just like everyone else.

Everybody's skill set is different and the customer base is different in parts of the world. Make the best pen you can and maybe future sales will come out of it. I would stay away from realtor names and things like that. They get those in junk mail. My opinion. :)

No set rules make what you want and what kit you are comfortable with I never sold to a realtor or at least do not know I did. They are just like everyone else.

Everybody's skill set is different and the customer base is different in parts of the world. Make the best pen you can and maybe future sales will come out of it. I would stay away from realtor names and things like that. They get those in junk mail. My opinion. :)

Gotta agree with John on this one. Although I've not sold many pens I've made probably close to 30 now for friends and family and it's all over the board with style and wood species. My biggest knife customer just ordered two "trial" comfort pens after I showed him one I made for my wife. This is a high end store in Hawaii and I showed him a bunch of different styles but when my wife showed him her comfort pen he ordered two out of Koa. Surprised me for sure. You never know what might happen.

dogcatcher

Gotta agree with John on this one. Although I've not sold many pens I've made probably close to 30 now for friends and family and it's all over the board with style and wood species. My biggest knife customer just ordered two "trial" comfort pens after I showed him one I made for my wife. This is a high end store in Hawaii and I showed him a bunch of different styles but when my wife showed him her comfort pen he ordered two out of Koa. Surprised me for sure. You never know what might happen.

The plain simple Slimline with an oil based finish was my best mover until I started making the comfort style pens. They liked the wood with about 6 to 10 coats of Tru Oil finish.

Top Bottom