A one piece Perfect Fit and

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

one made as designed. The Perfect Fit is my favorite ballpoint and buckeye burl is in my top 5 woods to use.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• PF pair.jpg
    PF pair.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

The lower tube, which does not glue in but must move freely inside the barrel, calls for a Letter O bit. I used an 8.2mm for a little extra room.

Did you use a 11/32 brass tube the full length of the pen, inside of which the lower tube turns ?

I have some 11/32 brass tube that I bought at a hobby shop. . It might be a couple of thou smaller than the upper kit tube. The lower tube does fit fine inside of it.

Lower end sizing of wood might be a little tricky when turning as there is not much thickness left when matching outer diameter to nib

Last edited:

its_virgil

I wanted to do that but could not find a tube that would work. I will get tubing for the next eon.
Drilling for the lower tube with the 8.2mm bit helped.
Don

[WUITE=magpens;1968726]
The lower tube, which does not glue in but must move freely inside the barrel, calls for a Letter O bit. I used an 8.2mm for a little extra room.

Did you use a 11/32 brass tube the full length of the pen, inside of which the lower tube turns ?

I have some 11/32 brass tube that I bought at a hobby shop. . It might be a couple of thou smaller than the upper kit tube. The lower tube does fit fine inside of it.

Lower end sizing of wood might be a little tricky when turning as there is not much thickness left when matching outer diameter to nib[/QUOTE]

its_virgil

Mark,
You will need to get a schmidt pencil mechanism to convert the Perfect Fit to a pencil. It is a direct swap.
Remove the Parker style refill and spring and install the schmidt (dsm 206) pencil mechanism. .5 or .7 mm lead. Your vendor for Berea kits should have the pencil mechanism. Perfect Fit Convertible.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I've been looking for a good pencil kit. Thank you for the comments.

Beautiful pens also.

its_virgil

Dont have a hobby shop but i can find th[e tubes online. Thanks for the size and info.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

QUOTE=magpens;1968742]The hobby shop I bought the tubes from sells K&S products, I believe:

https://www.hobbylinc.com/k-s-hobby-and-craft-metal-tubing-sheets-strips-wire-rods

I could not find any pen supplies vendor with long 11/32" brass tubes ... maybe there are some, but could not find.[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom