My pretty wood pen entry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

For some reason my pen didn't make the contest so I guess I can show it here now. Red mallee burl on a sterling silver and ti gold Canadiana.

1_Canadiana1.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Rick
Sorry to hear it didnt make it in the contests. Did you have problems with the email link or was it a timing factor? I receive a copy of all entries in the Bash and I dont have an email entry under your name that I can find.

magpens

That is certainly a superbly beautiful pen, Rick !!! . Congratulations, even though it missed the contest.

Rick_G

Don't know what happened Mike, I sent it on the 17th and it didn't bounce back so I could only assume it went through. It's out there in the ether somewhere and will likely show up just in time for next years contest but won't qualify since it's been posted here. :) Nothing to worry about I'll try again next year.

jttheclockman

Seeing now that would have had a good chance to place. Not the words you want to hear but it is a good looking pen. Job well done.

OZturner

An Stunningly Beautiful Pen, Rick.
A Magnificent Blank on an Ideal Hardware Pen.
Perfectly Turned, Fitted and Finished.
Superb Craftsmanship.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Brian G

Rick,

I feel terrible that your PWP entry was omitted from entry. :frown: I checked my email inbox and spam filter, and didn't see your entry.

I have no explanation. I am truly sorry.

It's a beautiful pen.

magpens

I think Rick should get a consolation prize .... it really is a beautiful pen and the wood is superb as well as superbly crafted !

Rick_G

No problem Brian, emails do disappear occasionally and I guess it was just my turn. Partly my own fault as well as I did fail to send the follow up email as was suggested to make sure it got there.

Rick_G

Thanks for all the nice comments. If nothing else I have received more good comments on this pen than anything I have shown since joining IAP. The comments showing people appreciate the wood and work mean more than winning the contest (all-though that drill bit set would have been nice :biggrin:) Don't have a clue where the original entry went but a little electrical noise while sending and off it goes to who knows where. As mentioned earlier I never followed up with an email to ensure the entry was received, if I had it would just be another entry in the contest, this way I got all these nice comments and that's good for the ego.

David350

Rick, anyone receiving that pen as a gift would be one lucky person. Well done!

I like that pen design, but a few google searches only turned up companies in Canada that sell it. Has anyone seen it available from a US company?

Rick_G

Rick, anyone receiving that pen as a gift would be one lucky person. Well done!

I like that pen design, but a few google searches only turned up companies in Canada that sell it. Has anyone seen it available from a US company?

David, I believe it is identical to the Cambridge which exotic blanks has listed on their site.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for all the nice comments. If nothing else I have received more good comments on this pen than anything I have shown since joining IAP. The comments showing people appreciate the wood and work mean more than winning the contest (all-though that drill bit set would have been nice :biggrin:) Don't have a clue where the original entry went but a little electrical noise while sending and off it goes to who knows where. As mentioned earlier I never followed up with an email to ensure the entry was received, if I had it would just be another entry in the contest, this way I got all these nice comments and that's good for the ego.

The pen is beautiful, Rick!!

More important, however, is your attitude!!! Very rare and much appreciated---"spit happens" and not blaming everyone else!! You have my respect and appreciation!!!

Ed

Gregory Hardy

The pen is beautiful, Rick!!

More important, however, is your attitude!!! Very rare and much appreciated---"spit happens" and not blaming everyone else!! You have my respect and appreciation!!!

Ed

No truer words. After all of the pen-making is done (and yours is beautiful - really beautiful), carrying yourself off like a gentleman sets you apart and above. Congratulations on a fine pen. Thank you for enriching my day by being a good human being. (This is better than winning the contest - You were the real winner!)

Top Bottom