Manipulative Progression

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Ya know the saying..."if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Well, I've never been one to listen to reason :rolleyes::biggrin:.

Many of you might remember my original Primary Manipulation material from years past (4 or 5 now I think):

DSC03443604x700_zps0dae681c.jpg DSC03447584x700_zpsa1409b62.jpg

I've pretty much left the recipe alone for years until a few weeks ago when I got an itch to try something new. I didn't really change anything...same exact colors. Just different saturation ratios and exchanged the solid white for something a little more dramatic. I really like it!

Primary Manipulation 2.0:

pm2.jpg

Primary Manipulation 3.0

pm3.jpg pm3-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DJBPenmaker

This is the weirdest thing. At first I liked the second one most, but then I went and opened them again and liked the third one the most, but reflecting I think the first one is my favorite. No wait it's the..... err nevermind.
It's weird, I was thinking the same, like them all but differently if that makes sense [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Charlie_W

Very cool Jonathan! Interesting what you get with the same colors!

Looks like the original should be - Daylight Manipulation,
2.0 - Evening Manipulation
3.0 - Midnight Manipulation

I like all of them as they are so different but Midnight has such wonderful depth!

Last edited:

PenPal

Jonathon every pen has several faces we were treated to virtually one of each.

Totally impressive each one has special significance IMHO.

Yours was not a fixing solution but a new venture, I am sure with your thorough approach we will see more of them, they are star material worthy of their place with the best in cast blanks.

Kind regards Peter.

carlmorrell

I have to admit, I like the first one the best. Nothing against the others. But the sharpness in the color changes is what appeals to me. Right now, I have my first piece of bakelite on the lathe, and the way the colors flow on your blank reminds me of the the way the colors change on the bakelite.

(Where) are you selling the "primary manipulation"? The only place I found them, are out of stock:frown:

Brooks803

Still love #1, but love #3 a lot, too. #2 is a real winner, though those bookends overshadow it.

Thanks Chris....but what bookends? :confused:

I have to admit, I like the first one the best. Nothing against the others. But the sharpness in the color changes is what appeals to me. Right now, I have my first piece of bakelite on the lathe, and the way the colors flow on your blank reminds me of the the way the colors change on the bakelite.

(Where) are you selling the "primary manipulation"? The only place I found them, are out of stock:frown:

Yeah they each have their own appeal. Bakelite is what inspired me to make this style blank many many years ago.

Right now I'm not working with any of the vendors selling blanks. I built a website just for that purpose, but never got it running. If you want anything feel free to email me at Jonathonbrooks803@gmail.com.

thewishman

Still love #1, but love #3 a lot, too. #2 is a real winner, though those bookends overshadow it.

Thanks Chris....but what bookends? :confused:

#2 is a great blank. But when you have the a picture of the original version 1.0 right before it and a stunner version 3.0 right after it, the poor middle blank doesn't get its chance to shine. Like putting the prettiest girl in your high school in between two supermodels.:)

Ambidex

When I first looked I thought 3.0 was two different pens....the colors look so different from 1 pic to the next! Is that just me or did you turn the barrel half a turn from one pic to the next? Or am I having flashbacks from my time in the Army in Germany?:redface::biggrin: If it is 2 different pens I like b the best of all of them....uh...just looked again at the finials...still like 3b the best:)

Last edited:

SteveAxelrod

Having just begun experimenting with casting, I'd have to vote for #1 because to include so many colors and keep them distinct seems like a real challenge. I'm impressed with all three!

Brooks803

I'm waiting for 4.0 before making a decision.:tongue:

LOL...I have some ideas for a 4.0, but I'll give it some time and thought before trying it. I did write it down just in case though!

When I first looked I thought 3.0 was two different pens....the colors look so different from 1 pic to the next! Is that just me or did you turn the barrel half a turn from one pic to the next? Or am I having flashbacks from my time in the Army in Germany?:redface::biggrin: If it is 2 different pens I like b the best of all of them....uh...just looked again at the finials...still like 3b the best:)

LOL...it is two different pens.

Top Bottom