Collaboration with JohnU

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

One of my good customers came to me with a request for a custom pen with some sort of pheasant theme. Something in memory of his father. I immediately thought of JohnU. So a while back I got in touch with John about doing a custom pen with pheasant feathers. It took some work on both our parts, but we made it happen! The accents are black ebonite and has a 18k nib.

1495804709429.jpg

One aspect of this pen that's really cool is that after a little tweaking of the threads I was able to get the feathers to line up on all 3 leads. So it will never look odd while capped.

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Fabulous pen!! Great collaboration on both parts!
The black eb and the feather blanks mate perfectly! Well done!

Am I correct in thinking the feathers were applied in 3 rows each 120 degrees apart with the triple start threads in mind?....Smart!

Last edited:

Brooks803

Fabulous pen!! Great collaboration on both parts!
The black eb and the feather blanks mate perfectly! Well done!

Am I correct in thinking the feathers were applied in 3 rows each 120 degrees apart with the triple start threads in mind?....Smart!

Thanks Charlie!

LOL...if they were it wasn't by my design! :rotfl:

JohnU

Beautiful pen Jonathan! I had the easy part. I'm glad you were able to make it all work together. The black ebonite really sets it all off. I've always had hopes of making a kitless feather pen so I'm glad I was able to contribute. Thanks for sharing!

OZturner

A Stunningly Gorgeous Pen, Jonathon, and John.
A very Pleasant Pheasant Blank,
Superb Profile and Proportions, Enhanced with the Ebonite Accents.
Truly a Perfect Collaboration, between to Excellent Craftsman.
Congratulations, to you Both.
Brian.

Last edited:

Brooks803

Thank you ALL for the kind words!

Beautiful pen Jonathan! I had the easy part. I'm glad you were able to make it all work together. The black ebonite really sets it all off. I've always had hopes of making a kitless feather pen so I'm glad I was able to contribute. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you again for all your help and expertise!!! I definitely want to revisit our original plan again and see what can be done.

Excellent collaboration! What a beautiful work of art. That will be hard to part with.

Thanks Mark! Yeah I'm having a hard time shipping this one out.

Top Bottom